After watching Fun. win the “Best New Artist” award at the Grammys Sunday night, one local fan said he was impressed by the band’s down-to-earth persona.
“They’re so appreciative of their fans and the process that got them to where they’re at now,” said Brian Faber, general manager of Zia Record Exchange in Chandler. “I think they’re bands and Fun. is certainly one of them that knows how important their fans are and the best way to connect to those people, is to come where it all begins.”
That was certainly the case for Fun.
The band’s lead singer and front man Nate Reuss grew up in Glendale and appeared with the rest of the group at Faber’s record store last February.
“They made the store feel like someone’s living room,” Faber said.”We’re a proud part of anything that they’ve accomplished.”
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments