After watching Fun. win the “Best New Artist” award at the Grammys Sunday night, one local fan said he was impressed by the band’s down-to-earth persona.
“They’re so appreciative of their fans and the process that got them to where they’re at now,” said Brian Faber, general manager of Zia Record Exchange in Chandler. “I think they’re bands and Fun. is certainly one of them that knows how important their fans are and the best way to connect to those people, is to come where it all begins.”
That was certainly the case for Fun.
The band’s lead singer and front man Nate Reuss grew up in Glendale and appeared with the rest of the group at Faber’s record store last February.
“They made the store feel like someone’s living room,” Faber said.”We’re a proud part of anything that they’ve accomplished.”
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips