PHOENIX — Restaurant tycoon Sam Fox is at again, and this time he’s turned an old motorcycle garage into a hip, new hangout in north central Phoenix.
Located on Seventh Street near Bethany Home Road, Culinary Dropout at the Yard is Fox’s 18th restaurant to open in the Valley.
“The building’s been here for about 60, 70 years and when we saw this space we thought this would be a great opportunity to do something here in north central,” said Fox, founder of Fox Restaurant Concepts.
The restaurant features live music, an indoor and outdoor bar, and a huge patio with fire pits and games.
The food is prepared by executive chef Andrew Ashmore, who received a James Beard Award nomination for rising star chef younger than 30.
It’s Fox’s second Culinary Dropout location. The other restaurant is at the Scottsdale Waterfront.
“This is three times the size of the one in Scottsdale,” Fox said. “It’s got a little edgier vibe, just has a little more soul.”
For years, the area has been void of any major attractions, but Fox believes the location couldn’t be any better.
“I think Seventh Street is an unbelievable corridor.” Fox pointed out its proximity to interstates 10 and 17 and is a major Phoenix thoroughfare. “We’re excited about seeing some redevelopment going along Seventh Street here.”
Culinary Dropout at the Yard opens for business Monday, Feb. 11 at 11 a.m.
Watch a video review of another of Fox’s restaurants, The Arrogant Butcher, below.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life