The sweetest festival to hit the city of Glendale wrapped up on Sunday. The Glendale Chocolate Affaire was the chocolate lover’s delight as more than three-dozen vendors and chocolatiers came to downtown Glendale to make every kind of concoction possible with chocolate.
These chocolatiers worked up many different items using chocolate. Some included standards like chocolate-dipped strawberries, while others like chocolate-covered sweet potato fries were much more unusual.
According to Public Information Officer Kim Larson, there were about three-dozen chocolatiers, some of which were from out of state.
Larson said the festival was a great family event, and one of the most popular booths at the festival was the make-your-own chocolate pizza booth.
“One of the popular things that we have, that people come every year for, is the Cerreta’s pizza-making booth,” Larson said. “They give you all these yummy ingredients and you make your own creation.”
Some other features at the event included horse-drawn carriage rides through the historic Catlin Court district of Glendale, arts and crafts, face-paintings and various rides for kids.
“There’s a shuttle from the event site over to the chocolate factory,” Larson said in reference to the Cerreta candy factory
The event also hosted the Southwest’s largest gathering of romance novelists, who put on free writing workshops, just in time for Valentine’s Day attendees to be able to indulge in a chocolate heaven, horse-drawn carriage rides and writing workshops by romantic experts.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas