The sweetest festival to hit the city of Glendale wrapped up on Sunday. The Glendale Chocolate Affaire was the chocolate lover’s delight as more than three-dozen vendors and chocolatiers came to downtown Glendale to make every kind of concoction possible with chocolate.
These chocolatiers worked up many different items using chocolate. Some included standards like chocolate-dipped strawberries, while others like chocolate-covered sweet potato fries were much more unusual.
According to Public Information Officer Kim Larson, there were about three-dozen chocolatiers, some of which were from out of state.
Larson said the festival was a great family event, and one of the most popular booths at the festival was the make-your-own chocolate pizza booth.
“One of the popular things that we have, that people come every year for, is the Cerreta’s pizza-making booth,” Larson said. “They give you all these yummy ingredients and you make your own creation.”
Some other features at the event included horse-drawn carriage rides through the historic Catlin Court district of Glendale, arts and crafts, face-paintings and various rides for kids.
“There’s a shuttle from the event site over to the chocolate factory,” Larson said in reference to the Cerreta candy factory
The event also hosted the Southwest’s largest gathering of romance novelists, who put on free writing workshops, just in time for Valentine’s Day attendees to be able to indulge in a chocolate heaven, horse-drawn carriage rides and writing workshops by romantic experts.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development