ASU and Mayo Clinic are continuing to combine resources in an effort provide funding for the expansion of medical research.
According to Phoenix Business Journal the two parties gave $100,000 in grant money to an ASU chemical engineering professor and an ASU biological and health systems engineering professor for their work on medicine used to treat Alzheimer’s disease and cerebral aneurysms.
The winners were selected from a group of over 20 teams by an external panel of venture capitalists, entrepreneurs and medical device manufacturers. The participants were judged based on their ability to commercialize technology.
“These winners are the most promising out of all the applicants that came in,” said Charlie Lewis, Vice President of Venture Development for Arizona Technology Enterprises.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas