PHOENIX — It’s been one week since shooters opened fire on a house, killing 51-year-old Sandra Johnson and leaving three others injured.
In response to the shooting, city leaders including Mayor Greg Stanton, Police Chief Daniel Garcia, Councilman Michael Johnson and others came together at Peace Park near the shooting site to “make a united statement that the community will not stand for violence.” They also distributed Silent Witness fliers with Sandra Johnson’s photograph to neighbors in the area.
“That’s one of God’s rules. Do not kill. If you have a conscious, come forward. You’re going to be alright, everything is going to be alright,” said Allen Johnson, the victim’s brother.
The drive-by happened in broad daylight at 14th Way and Roeser in South Phoenix on Feb. 1 about 2:20 p.m. It’s an area some residents describe as being unsafe because of drug and gang activity.
Police have gathered intelligence in hopes to catch the shooters.
“We’ve increases our officer presence, we’ve increased our investigative presence out here,” said Garcia. “It’s not just about visibility, which is important for this community to feel safe, but it’s about solving this crime.”
Anyone with information on this crime is asked to contact Silent Witness at (480) WITNESS. There is a reward of up to $1000 for information that leads to an arrest.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick