PHOENIX — The Arizona Diamondbacks are racing to cure cancer this weekend.
The team is hosting its first ever 5K on Saturday morning to benefit local non-profits that provide screening, treatment and support for those dealing with cancer.
“It is something that everybody is touched by,” said D-backs President and CEO Derrick Hall. “Everyone knows someone that has been impacted or affected by cancer. I’m fortunate enough to have caught it early and hopefully it’s behind me now, but we need to continue to drive awareness and hopefully help those out that are in need of help.”
Hall said it’s great to see fans and the organization come together for a good cause.
Participants in the race will receive a T-shirt, a swag bag and a medal.
Check-in for the race begins Saturday at 6:30 a.m. Preregistration on the team’s website is required and entry is $50.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy