PHOENIX — The Arizona Diamondbacks are racing to cure cancer this weekend.
The team is hosting its first ever 5K on Saturday morning to benefit local non-profits that provide screening, treatment and support for those dealing with cancer.
“It is something that everybody is touched by,” said D-backs President and CEO Derrick Hall. “Everyone knows someone that has been impacted or affected by cancer. I’m fortunate enough to have caught it early and hopefully it’s behind me now, but we need to continue to drive awareness and hopefully help those out that are in need of help.”
Hall said it’s great to see fans and the organization come together for a good cause.
Participants in the race will receive a T-shirt, a swag bag and a medal.
Check-in for the race begins Saturday at 6:30 a.m. Preregistration on the team’s website is required and entry is $50.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments