PHOENIX — Charles Bruffy of Phoenix is looking to add to his collection of Grammy Awards.
He’s already earned one as Artistic Director of the Phoenix Chorale.
“‘Spotless Rose: Hymns to the Virgin Mary’ won two years ago in the Best Small Ensemble Category,” Bruffy said.
This year, Bruffy could take home two Grammys for his work with the Kansas City Chorale. Their album, “Life and Breath: Choral works by René Clausen” has been nominated for Best Engineered Classical Album and Best Choral Performance.
“To be considered one of the top five choral recordings in the world, it takes your breath away frankly,” Bruffy said. “It’s very humbling and thrilling to be nominated for a Grammy.”
For Bruffy, directing music by René Clausen took him back to his high school days, when he first listened to the famous composer.
“To be able to look at this piece with new eyes and new ears was really a fun experience, putting a thumbprint on this piece of music that has been in my heart all of these years.”
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them