PHOENIX — Charles Bruffy of Phoenix is looking to add to his collection of Grammy Awards.
He’s already earned one as Artistic Director of the Phoenix Chorale.
“‘Spotless Rose: Hymns to the Virgin Mary’ won two years ago in the Best Small Ensemble Category,” Bruffy said.
This year, Bruffy could take home two Grammys for his work with the Kansas City Chorale. Their album, “Life and Breath: Choral works by René Clausen” has been nominated for Best Engineered Classical Album and Best Choral Performance.
“To be considered one of the top five choral recordings in the world, it takes your breath away frankly,” Bruffy said. “It’s very humbling and thrilling to be nominated for a Grammy.”
For Bruffy, directing music by René Clausen took him back to his high school days, when he first listened to the famous composer.
“To be able to look at this piece with new eyes and new ears was really a fun experience, putting a thumbprint on this piece of music that has been in my heart all of these years.”
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments