PHOENIX — Charles Bruffy of Phoenix is looking to add to his collection of Grammy Awards.
He’s already earned one as Artistic Director of the Phoenix Chorale.
“‘Spotless Rose: Hymns to the Virgin Mary’ won two years ago in the Best Small Ensemble Category,” Bruffy said.
This year, Bruffy could take home two Grammys for his work with the Kansas City Chorale. Their album, “Life and Breath: Choral works by René Clausen” has been nominated for Best Engineered Classical Album and Best Choral Performance.
“To be considered one of the top five choral recordings in the world, it takes your breath away frankly,” Bruffy said. “It’s very humbling and thrilling to be nominated for a Grammy.”
For Bruffy, directing music by René Clausen took him back to his high school days, when he first listened to the famous composer.
“To be able to look at this piece with new eyes and new ears was really a fun experience, putting a thumbprint on this piece of music that has been in my heart all of these years.”
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier