PHOENIX — In sunny Phoenix, Eric Leiser sits at Sky Harbor Airport and waits for a snowstorm to hit the East Coast.
That snowstorm, expected to be a major blizzard, began to fall Friday and shut down 28 flights at Phoenix Sky Harbor, including Leiser’s United flight to New York.
Across the country, 4,000 flights to the northeast have been cancelled.
“I lived through [Hurricane] Sandy, I’ve been through a lot of disasters in New York since I moved there
from California and I’m not looking forward to another ‘super’ whatever,” Leiser said.
Leiser said he’s hoping for next available flight out. Airlines are crossing their fingers that flights will resume Saturday. Barring that, he’d consider buying a bus or train ticket to get home.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon