PHOENIX — Another cold storm system is on the way into Arizona and while it is not carrying the same bone-chilling cold as mid-January, temperatures will be at least 10 degrees below normal.
Winds will be gusting 20-30 miles per hour Friday afternoon as the front arrives. Light rainfall should arrive by night into Saturday and the high elevations could get up to 8 inches of snow.
Austin Jamison with the National Weather Service said the weekend highs should be in the 50s and by Sunday morning some outlying areas will dip below freezing.
“This is definitely not going to be as cold as last month but temperatures will be well below normal,” he said.
The Valley had four straight days with subfreezing mornings last month — its longest stretch of cold temperatures since 1978.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier