PHOENIX — Another cold storm system is on the way into Arizona and while it is not carrying the same bone-chilling cold as mid-January, temperatures will be at least 10 degrees below normal.
Winds will be gusting 20-30 miles per hour Friday afternoon as the front arrives. Light rainfall should arrive by night into Saturday and the high elevations could get up to 8 inches of snow.
Austin Jamison with the National Weather Service said the weekend highs should be in the 50s and by Sunday morning some outlying areas will dip below freezing.
“This is definitely not going to be as cold as last month but temperatures will be well below normal,” he said.
The Valley had four straight days with subfreezing mornings last month — its longest stretch of cold temperatures since 1978.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development