The business of making craft beer continues grow in the United States.
“Growth of the craft brewing industry in 2011 was 13 percent by volume and 15 percent by dollars compared to growth in 2010 of 12 percent by volume and 15 percent by dollars,” according to the Brewers Association.
“Back in 1996 there was a boom and it seems like we’re going through one now,” said Randy Schultz with Four Peaks Brewing Company in Tempe.
To keep up with demand, Four Peaks recently expanded to two new locations in Tempe.
Four Peak owners say craft beer drinkers want quality and freshness in their beverage of choice. The owners also noted that beer drinking is a culture, one in which consumers are savvy and educated about what they are drinking.
While overall beer sales have seen declines, the craft beer industry continues to show profits.
“Craft brewer retail dollar value in 2011 was an estimated $8.7 billion, up from $7.6 billion in 2010,” according to the Brewers Association’s website.
Currently, there are over 2,000 craft breweries in the nation.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments