The business of making craft beer continues grow in the United States.
“Growth of the craft brewing industry in 2011 was 13 percent by volume and 15 percent by dollars compared to growth in 2010 of 12 percent by volume and 15 percent by dollars,” according to the Brewers Association.
“Back in 1996 there was a boom and it seems like we’re going through one now,” said Randy Schultz with Four Peaks Brewing Company in Tempe.
To keep up with demand, Four Peaks recently expanded to two new locations in Tempe.
Four Peak owners say craft beer drinkers want quality and freshness in their beverage of choice. The owners also noted that beer drinking is a culture, one in which consumers are savvy and educated about what they are drinking.
While overall beer sales have seen declines, the craft beer industry continues to show profits.
“Craft brewer retail dollar value in 2011 was an estimated $8.7 billion, up from $7.6 billion in 2010,” according to the Brewers Association’s website.
Currently, there are over 2,000 craft breweries in the nation.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon