A shooting from one vehicle into another vehicle near the Loop 101 and U.S. 60 in Tempe forced police to place multiple schools on lockdown for nearly three hours.
The vehicles exited the freeway near Guadalupe Road and Lakeshore Drive.
Officers pulled over the vehicle from which the shots were fired.
They say two people were inside that vehicle and one of them has been detained. The second person fled on foot and police are searching for that person, according to Molly Enright from Tempe Police.
Police say it’s not immediately clear if anyone was injured in the incident.
Marcos de Niza High School, ABC Preschool and Gethsemane Lutheran
School were all placed on lockdown as officers conduct their search.
Buses were held at the end of the school day and parents were notified of the lockdown.
The boundaries of the lockdown were Rural Road to the west, Westchester Drive to the north, Lakeshore Drive on the east perimeter and Guadalupe Road.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon