PHOENIX — The Phoenix Police Department is hosting a contest that challenges students to come up with a public service announcement against underage drinking.
“It lets young people educate other young people. Even if one child says, ‘You know what, I’m going to rethink underage drinking,’ whether they participate or not, it is worth everything we’ve done,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Tommy Thompson.
Students from high schools within Phoenix city limits will have a chance to participate in the contest. According to the rules, “There is no limit on the number of entries each school may create. However, only one entry will be accepted from each high school. It will be the responsibility of the school to choose their entry to be submitted.”
The public will have the opportunity to watch and vote on their favorite PSA on YouTube. The winning PSA will earn $5,000 for the school that created it.
Deadline for submissions is Feb. 28 at 5 p.m.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development