The future of the Phoenix Coyotes is still up in the air, as a deal with potential owner Greg Jamison fell through last week.
Glendale Mayor Jerry Weiers said he would like the team to stay in Glendale, but only if a good deal is to be had.
“There’s a lot of excitement and some possibilities,” he told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Karie & Chuck. “We could end up with the Coyotes playing here, but I think we can do it at a cost that’s going to be far less than the previous contract. I’m not going to keep hockey at any cost. We’re going to keep hockey when it makes sense.”
Weiers said he has received calls from other potential buyers, but would not name them. He added that Jamison is still allowed to put forth a new offer.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development