A New Jersey Catholic school had its female students swear an oath against profanity for the month of February.
According to ABC News, the female students at Queen of Peace High School of North Arlington, N.J, pledged against swearing while the male students weren’t required to make the same oath or any vow at all.
Lori Flynn, the leader of this civility campaign, assumed students would take this movement as a joke but was surprised to see the boys of the school voluntarily participate.
The campaign is so successful that Flynn received a phone call from a neighboring school regarding the creation of its own civility code.
Though the oath ends on March 1st, Flynn said that if the students want to continue, “we’d bring it on the boys, and then we’d do a whole entire Queen of Peace campus with no swearing.”
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas