A New Jersey Catholic school had its female students swear an oath against profanity for the month of February.
According to ABC News, the female students at Queen of Peace High School of North Arlington, N.J, pledged against swearing while the male students weren’t required to make the same oath or any vow at all.
Lori Flynn, the leader of this civility campaign, assumed students would take this movement as a joke but was surprised to see the boys of the school voluntarily participate.
The campaign is so successful that Flynn received a phone call from a neighboring school regarding the creation of its own civility code.
Though the oath ends on March 1st, Flynn said that if the students want to continue, “we’d bring it on the boys, and then we’d do a whole entire Queen of Peace campus with no swearing.”
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development