PHOENIX — The Phoenix City Council has given permission to purchase 120 new Valley Metro Buses that run on compressed natural gas.
“Because of that transition to this new type of fuel, we’ll be able to save a net four million dollars,” said Matthew Heil, spokesman for the city’s Public Transit Department.
According to the city, “it’s a big change for Phoenix, which now has the country’s largest liquefied natural gas fleet.”
Compressed natural gas buses are cheaper because of the vehicle’s manufacturing process and the dense fuel can be delivered via pipeline to bus fueling sites. Liquefied natural gas must be super-cooled and delivered via truck.
The new buses carry a total price tag of #61 million and should arrive between fall and next spring.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy