PHOENIX — Arizona Republican Senator Kimberly Yee has introduced two bills to toughen restrictions on medical marijuana.
Yee wants marijuana edibles sold in state dispensaries to have warning labels, such as those you find on packages of cigarettes. Currently, the labels must list ingredients but do not state that the product is for medicinal use only.
Yee said it’s clear that products that contain medical marijuana like cookies, brownies, lollipops and even a candy bar called Zonka are being aimed at kids. She said her bills are designed to make it clear to minors who are medical marijuana cardholders that this product is for medicinal purposes and only for legitimate cardholders.
“The states medical marijuana program approved two years ago by voters allows minors to have a medical marijuana card. Many voters didn’t know that when they passed the law.”
Under Yee’s proposals, dispensaries could have their license revoked if they dispense or advertise marijuana that is packaged for anything but medicinal purposes.
The second bill introduced by Yee would give police the power to destroy medical marijuana plants seized during a criminal investigation, once the investigation is complete instead of being forced to feed and water the plants in the event the court orders the plants returned to the patient.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon