In addition to being financially destructive, credit card debt is hard on love life, according to a recent study by creditcard.com.
Women, in particular, are quicker to cut off a relationship over financial issues than men. If finances had been lied about, 70 percent of women said they would break up. Interestingly, that’s the same percentage of women who would stop a relationship with someone who had a criminal history.
If lying is not involved, 55 percent of women would call it off if the person was heavy in debt. The same issue would only cause 37 percent of men to end a relationship.
“We find that today's consumer is more aware than ever that good credit and high bureau scores are essential for successful family life,” said David Jones, president of the Association of Independent Consumer Credit Counseling Agencies. “I am not at all surprised that someone might consider credit issues when deciding whether to enter a relationship. That is in line with current consumer behaviors.”
Financial matters are the No. 1 reason for divorce, child and spouse abuse, stress, addictions and low job productivity, Jones said.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.