PHOENIX — He’s ready for his closeup.
The Grevy’s zebra that was born recently at the Phoenix Zoo is now accepting visitors.
The foal weighed in at an even 100 pounds on Jan. 19. He enjoys roaming his exhibit and has made friends with another male foal — the two share the same father.
Zookeepers are working on a plan to have the foal’s mother choose the name.
That’s right — mom will name her little guy, with a lot of help from zoo staff. Employees will stuff three bags with treats. Each bag will be labeled with a name. Whichever bag mom picks, that’s what the foal will be called.
The naming ceremony, set for Feb. 6 at 9:30 a.m., will be open to the public.
Whatever is chosen will not be worse than Moxie Crimefighter (Magician Penn Jillette’s daughter).
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon