PHOENIX — Arizona Republican Congressman Paul Gosar is suggesting that Remington Arms lock it up in New York state and load up for a move to Arizona.
Gosar has written Remington that New York’s gun control laws, which are among the nation’s toughest, should tell the business that it’s no longer welcome there. Gosar has officially extended an invitation to the firearms giant to move to Arizona.
Glenn Hamer heads up the Arizona Chamber of Commerce and agrees with Gosar’s assessment of New York.
“Why any company would do business in the state of New York is beyond me. It has a very hostile business environment,” Hamer said.
Hamer said Remington has almost 900 employees at the New York manufacturing plant (corporate headquarters are in North Carolina and the company has three other manufacturing facilities) and generates about $250 million in sales each year. A relocation to Arizona would pump millions into the state’s economy.
Arizona is home to more than 100 companies that make firearms and components, including Ruger in Prescott and American Spirit Arms in Scottsdale.
Gosar has suggested Remington set up shop near Buckeye, or in Gila, Mohave, Yavapai and Yuma counties.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development