PHOENIX — Arizona Republican Congressman Paul Gosar is suggesting that Remington Arms lock it up in New York state and load up for a move to Arizona.
Gosar has written Remington that New York’s gun control laws, which are among the nation’s toughest, should tell the business that it’s no longer welcome there. Gosar has officially extended an invitation to the firearms giant to move to Arizona.
Glenn Hamer heads up the Arizona Chamber of Commerce and agrees with Gosar’s assessment of New York.
“Why any company would do business in the state of New York is beyond me. It has a very hostile business environment,” Hamer said.
Hamer said Remington has almost 900 employees at the New York manufacturing plant (corporate headquarters are in North Carolina and the company has three other manufacturing facilities) and generates about $250 million in sales each year. A relocation to Arizona would pump millions into the state’s economy.
Arizona is home to more than 100 companies that make firearms and components, including Ruger in Prescott and American Spirit Arms in Scottsdale.
Gosar has suggested Remington set up shop near Buckeye, or in Gila, Mohave, Yavapai and Yuma counties.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths