Super Bowl XLVII is officially in the books.
Now we can start talking about who is going to win next year’s game.
The San Francisco 49ers had a great season in 2012-13, and a Las Vegas oddsmaker said they’ll be back in the title game next year.
“The 49ers are the favorite to win next year, at 6-to-1,” said Chuck Esposito of Sunset Station Casino. “They’re closely followed by the New England Patriots, the Denver Broncos, the Green Bay Packers and the Seattle Seahawks.”
Other oddsmakers pick the Patriots to win. Who is at the bottom?
“Unfortunately, it’s Jacksonville, and the next team up is the Arizona Cardinals,” said Esposito. “The Jaguars are a 150-to-1 shot to win it all, while the Cardinals are 100-to-1.
Esposito said there are just too many questions about new head coach Bruce Arians and about Arizona’s offense.
“Will the coach be able to get Larry Fitzgerald on track?” said Esposito. “Where will the running game be? Who is going to be playing quarterback for them?”
But, he said, if the team can add a few free agents, “Who knows?”
Things could turn around for the Cards.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains