Super Bowl XLVII is officially in the books.
Now we can start talking about who is going to win next year’s game.
The San Francisco 49ers had a great season in 2012-13, and a Las Vegas oddsmaker said they’ll be back in the title game next year.
“The 49ers are the favorite to win next year, at 6-to-1,” said Chuck Esposito of Sunset Station Casino. “They’re closely followed by the New England Patriots, the Denver Broncos, the Green Bay Packers and the Seattle Seahawks.”
Other oddsmakers pick the Patriots to win. Who is at the bottom?
“Unfortunately, it’s Jacksonville, and the next team up is the Arizona Cardinals,” said Esposito. “The Jaguars are a 150-to-1 shot to win it all, while the Cardinals are 100-to-1.
Esposito said there are just too many questions about new head coach Bruce Arians and about Arizona’s offense.
“Will the coach be able to get Larry Fitzgerald on track?” said Esposito. “Where will the running game be? Who is going to be playing quarterback for them?”
But, he said, if the team can add a few free agents, “Who knows?”
Things could turn around for the Cards.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food