Super Bowl XLVII is officially in the books.
Now we can start talking about who is going to win next year’s game.
The San Francisco 49ers had a great season in 2012-13, and a Las Vegas oddsmaker said they’ll be back in the title game next year.
“The 49ers are the favorite to win next year, at 6-to-1,” said Chuck Esposito of Sunset Station Casino. “They’re closely followed by the New England Patriots, the Denver Broncos, the Green Bay Packers and the Seattle Seahawks.”
Other oddsmakers pick the Patriots to win. Who is at the bottom?
“Unfortunately, it’s Jacksonville, and the next team up is the Arizona Cardinals,” said Esposito. “The Jaguars are a 150-to-1 shot to win it all, while the Cardinals are 100-to-1.
Esposito said there are just too many questions about new head coach Bruce Arians and about Arizona’s offense.
“Will the coach be able to get Larry Fitzgerald on track?” said Esposito. “Where will the running game be? Who is going to be playing quarterback for them?”
But, he said, if the team can add a few free agents, “Who knows?”
Things could turn around for the Cards.
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode