PHOENIX — Phoenix Police responded Friday afternoon to a shooting involving four victims near 14th Street and Roeser.
A woman in her 60s and another in her 20s were transported from the scene in critical condition, and Phoenix Police Department Sgt. Steve Martos said one of them later died. Another woman and a man in his 20s suffered non-life threatening injuries in the shooting, Martos said.
Martos believes there are as many as four suspects involved in the shooting, and their vehicle is being described as a 2000-2006 dark green Ford Expedition.
Video from a news helicopter showed one of the victims in the driveway of the house being surrounded by law enforcement, placed on a stretcher and put into an ambulance.
None of the victims’ names were immediately released.
Martos said it’s unclear if any of the victims were related. He wouldn’t speculate if the incident was gang-related or if the victims were targeted.
Arizona Department of Public Safety officers were assisting Phoenix police in the search for the shooter.
At the scene, police marked at least 20 bullet shell casings with white evidence markers in front of the home and on the roadway. All the windows at the single-story brick house appeared to be covered with tin foil.
The Associated Press contributed to this story
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas