PHOENIX — Phoenix Police responded Friday afternoon to a shooting involving four victims near 14th Street and Roeser.
A woman in her 60s and another in her 20s were transported from the scene in critical condition, and Phoenix Police Department Sgt. Steve Martos said one of them later died. Another woman and a man in his 20s suffered non-life threatening injuries in the shooting, Martos said.
Martos believes there are as many as four suspects involved in the shooting, and their vehicle is being described as a 2000-2006 dark green Ford Expedition.
Video from a news helicopter showed one of the victims in the driveway of the house being surrounded by law enforcement, placed on a stretcher and put into an ambulance.
None of the victims’ names were immediately released.
Martos said it’s unclear if any of the victims were related. He wouldn’t speculate if the incident was gang-related or if the victims were targeted.
Arizona Department of Public Safety officers were assisting Phoenix police in the search for the shooter.
At the scene, police marked at least 20 bullet shell casings with white evidence markers in front of the home and on the roadway. All the windows at the single-story brick house appeared to be covered with tin foil.
The Associated Press contributed to this story
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain