PHOENIX — The Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office has arrested a man on animal-abuse charges in Guadalupe.
According to a sheriff’s office press release, the owner, Francisco Valencia, was arrested Thursday and charged with one count of failing to provide medical attention and three counts of failing to provide food and shelter for a pair of dogs.
Authorities found the dogs about two weeks ago at 5426 E. Calle Magdalena in the East Valley community near Tempe. Valencia, 47, no longer lived there.
One dog, named Billy, about 7 years old, had no motor functions in his back legs and was underfed. Bacon, the other dog, around 2 years old, was also undernourished.
The dogs were treated at the Emergency Animal Clinic in Gilbert.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains