PHOENIX — If you dread going to work, maybe now is the time to gamble on a new career.
The Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort will open in the summer, but a job fair is underway from Friday to Sunday. There are currently up to 800 jobs up for grabs.
“From accounting and administration, to housekeeping, all the services that come with a resort,” said Mandy Metzger, Coconino County Supervisor for District 4.
District 4 encompasses the area where the new resort is currently being constructed. Metzger said, in addition to putting good people to work, the “new attraction” will have a positive economic impact, not only on the Navajo Nation, but the surrounding communities.
“This will give [tourist]) another venue. We hope that they will stay there and be able to visit other lands in the county and go down to the Valley as well,” said Metzger.
Information about the three-day job fair is available at firerocknavajocasino.com.
Background checks and drug screenings will be conducted on site. Qualified applicants might walk away with jobs.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick