PHOENIX — If you dread going to work, maybe now is the time to gamble on a new career.
The Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort will open in the summer, but a job fair is underway from Friday to Sunday. There are currently up to 800 jobs up for grabs.
“From accounting and administration, to housekeeping, all the services that come with a resort,” said Mandy Metzger, Coconino County Supervisor for District 4.
District 4 encompasses the area where the new resort is currently being constructed. Metzger said, in addition to putting good people to work, the “new attraction” will have a positive economic impact, not only on the Navajo Nation, but the surrounding communities.
“This will give [tourist]) another venue. We hope that they will stay there and be able to visit other lands in the county and go down to the Valley as well,” said Metzger.
Information about the three-day job fair is available at firerocknavajocasino.com.
Background checks and drug screenings will be conducted on site. Qualified applicants might walk away with jobs.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains