PHOENIX — If you dread going to work, maybe now is the time to gamble on a new career.
The Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort will open in the summer, but a job fair is underway from Friday to Sunday. There are currently up to 800 jobs up for grabs.
“From accounting and administration, to housekeeping, all the services that come with a resort,” said Mandy Metzger, Coconino County Supervisor for District 4.
District 4 encompasses the area where the new resort is currently being constructed. Metzger said, in addition to putting good people to work, the “new attraction” will have a positive economic impact, not only on the Navajo Nation, but the surrounding communities.
“This will give [tourist]) another venue. We hope that they will stay there and be able to visit other lands in the county and go down to the Valley as well,” said Metzger.
Information about the three-day job fair is available at firerocknavajocasino.com.
Background checks and drug screenings will be conducted on site. Qualified applicants might walk away with jobs.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.