PHOENIX — If you dread going to work, maybe now is the time to gamble on a new career.
The Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort will open in the summer, but a job fair is underway from Friday to Sunday. There are currently up to 800 jobs up for grabs.
“From accounting and administration, to housekeeping, all the services that come with a resort,” said Mandy Metzger, Coconino County Supervisor for District 4.
District 4 encompasses the area where the new resort is currently being constructed. Metzger said, in addition to putting good people to work, the “new attraction” will have a positive economic impact, not only on the Navajo Nation, but the surrounding communities.
“This will give [tourist]) another venue. We hope that they will stay there and be able to visit other lands in the county and go down to the Valley as well,” said Metzger.
Information about the three-day job fair is available at firerocknavajocasino.com.
Background checks and drug screenings will be conducted on site. Qualified applicants might walk away with jobs.
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees