PHOENIX — If you dread going to work, maybe now is the time to gamble on a new career.
The Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort will open in the summer, but a job fair is underway from Friday to Sunday. There are currently up to 800 jobs up for grabs.
“From accounting and administration, to housekeeping, all the services that come with a resort,” said Mandy Metzger, Coconino County Supervisor for District 4.
District 4 encompasses the area where the new resort is currently being constructed. Metzger said, in addition to putting good people to work, the “new attraction” will have a positive economic impact, not only on the Navajo Nation, but the surrounding communities.
“This will give [tourist]) another venue. We hope that they will stay there and be able to visit other lands in the county and go down to the Valley as well,” said Metzger.
Information about the three-day job fair is available at firerocknavajocasino.com.
Background checks and drug screenings will be conducted on site. Qualified applicants might walk away with jobs.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development