PHOENIX — Super Bowl weekend is one of the busiest times of the year for pizza shops across the Valley.
Papa Murphy’s Pizza stores in Arizona will pump out about 6,000 pizzas on Sunday alone.
“It’s not as tough as you would think. Getting ready for it is really tough,” said George Gagliardi, who owns the Papa Murphy’s location at 64th Street and Greenway.
Gagliardi will be working 12 to 14 hour days Friday and Saturday to ensure his store is ready for Sunday.
“I’m bringing in extra staff,” he said. “I will have at least five extra people on the job Sunday.”
Gagliardi said Papa Murphy’s will use about 180,000 slices of pepperoni this Sunday and more than 10,000 pounds of cheese and dough, more than the combined weights of the Baltimore and San Francisco offensive units.
He looks forward to the challenge.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy