PHOENIX — Super Bowl weekend is one of the busiest times of the year for pizza shops across the Valley.
Papa Murphy’s Pizza stores in Arizona will pump out about 6,000 pizzas on Sunday alone.
“It’s not as tough as you would think. Getting ready for it is really tough,” said George Gagliardi, who owns the Papa Murphy’s location at 64th Street and Greenway.
Gagliardi will be working 12 to 14 hour days Friday and Saturday to ensure his store is ready for Sunday.
“I’m bringing in extra staff,” he said. “I will have at least five extra people on the job Sunday.”
Gagliardi said Papa Murphy’s will use about 180,000 slices of pepperoni this Sunday and more than 10,000 pounds of cheese and dough, more than the combined weights of the Baltimore and San Francisco offensive units.
He looks forward to the challenge.
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona