PHOENIX — Super Bowl weekend is one of the busiest times of the year for pizza shops across the Valley.
Papa Murphy’s Pizza stores in Arizona will pump out about 6,000 pizzas on Sunday alone.
“It’s not as tough as you would think. Getting ready for it is really tough,” said George Gagliardi, who owns the Papa Murphy’s location at 64th Street and Greenway.
Gagliardi will be working 12 to 14 hour days Friday and Saturday to ensure his store is ready for Sunday.
“I’m bringing in extra staff,” he said. “I will have at least five extra people on the job Sunday.”
Gagliardi said Papa Murphy’s will use about 180,000 slices of pepperoni this Sunday and more than 10,000 pounds of cheese and dough, more than the combined weights of the Baltimore and San Francisco offensive units.
He looks forward to the challenge.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier