PHOENIX — Super Bowl weekend is one of the busiest times of the year for pizza shops across the Valley.
Papa Murphy’s Pizza stores in Arizona will pump out about 6,000 pizzas on Sunday alone.
“It’s not as tough as you would think. Getting ready for it is really tough,” said George Gagliardi, who owns the Papa Murphy’s location at 64th Street and Greenway.
Gagliardi will be working 12 to 14 hour days Friday and Saturday to ensure his store is ready for Sunday.
“I’m bringing in extra staff,” he said. “I will have at least five extra people on the job Sunday.”
Gagliardi said Papa Murphy’s will use about 180,000 slices of pepperoni this Sunday and more than 10,000 pounds of cheese and dough, more than the combined weights of the Baltimore and San Francisco offensive units.
He looks forward to the challenge.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments