A Bruce St. James Show intern left Wednesday with an unforgettable experience, but not related to her job at KTAR.
Melanie Woods witnessed a man recklessly speeding in full reverse outside the studio parking lot around 10:30 a.m. He proceeded to stop suddenly, turn the vehicle around and drive off in a white Kia Optima. After the driver nearly collided with the vehicle behind her on the opposite side of the road, Woods said she thought the man was driving like someone “out of an action movie.”
It was only until Woods saw the very same vehicle on the studio TV that she realized the driver was 70-year-old Arthur Douglas Harmon, the suspect wanted for the Phoenix shootings outside an office complex at 16th Street and Orangewood Avenue.
Mesa police confirmed that Harmon, who killed one person and injured five more, was found dead early Thursday morning after a landscaper discovered his body at the Mesa Riverview shopping center near Loop 202 and Dobson Road.
Phoenix Sgt. Steve Martos said a gunshot wound to Harmon’s body appeared to be self-inflicted. The rental car and handgun were found at the scene.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development