A Bruce St. James Show intern left Wednesday with an unforgettable experience, but not related to her job at KTAR.
Melanie Woods witnessed a man recklessly speeding in full reverse outside the studio parking lot around 10:30 a.m. He proceeded to stop suddenly, turn the vehicle around and drive off in a white Kia Optima. After the driver nearly collided with the vehicle behind her on the opposite side of the road, Woods said she thought the man was driving like someone “out of an action movie.”
It was only until Woods saw the very same vehicle on the studio TV that she realized the driver was 70-year-old Arthur Douglas Harmon, the suspect wanted for the Phoenix shootings outside an office complex at 16th Street and Orangewood Avenue.
Mesa police confirmed that Harmon, who killed one person and injured five more, was found dead early Thursday morning after a landscaper discovered his body at the Mesa Riverview shopping center near Loop 202 and Dobson Road.
Phoenix Sgt. Steve Martos said a gunshot wound to Harmon’s body appeared to be self-inflicted. The rental car and handgun were found at the scene.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets