A Bruce St. James Show intern left Wednesday with an unforgettable experience, but not related to her job at KTAR.
Melanie Woods witnessed a man recklessly speeding in full reverse outside the studio parking lot around 10:30 a.m. He proceeded to stop suddenly, turn the vehicle around and drive off in a white Kia Optima. After the driver nearly collided with the vehicle behind her on the opposite side of the road, Woods said she thought the man was driving like someone “out of an action movie.”
It was only until Woods saw the very same vehicle on the studio TV that she realized the driver was 70-year-old Arthur Douglas Harmon, the suspect wanted for the Phoenix shootings outside an office complex at 16th Street and Orangewood Avenue.
Mesa police confirmed that Harmon, who killed one person and injured five more, was found dead early Thursday morning after a landscaper discovered his body at the Mesa Riverview shopping center near Loop 202 and Dobson Road.
Phoenix Sgt. Steve Martos said a gunshot wound to Harmon’s body appeared to be self-inflicted. The rental car and handgun were found at the scene.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments