PHOENIX — Former Arizona Diamondbacks television analyst Mark Grace will serve his DUI prison sentence in Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s Tent City.
“It’s only fair,” Arpaio said. “You treat everybody the same. Under the same circumstances, people go into the tents. I’ve had other celebrities in the tents, so I think it’s only a fairness issue. I’m sure he’ll understand.”
Arpaio said he will make sure other inmates do not start problems with Grace.
“I feel very comfortable that he won’t have any problems living in the tents.”
Grace was sentenced to four months in jail after pleading guilty Thursday to felony
endangerment and misdemeanor driving under the influence of alcohol.
A Maricopa County Superior Court spokesman said Grace will be allowed out of
jail for work while he serves the sentence beginning Feb. 10.
Court spokesman Vincent Funari says the sentence also includes two years of
The 48-year-old former first baseman with the Diamondbacks and the Chicago Cubs
was fired after he was arrested last August in Scottsdale — his second drunken
driving arrest in 15 months.
Grace had pleaded not guilty in October to four felony counts of aggravated DUI
and was scheduled to go on trial March 19.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever