PHOENIX — Former Arizona Diamondbacks television analyst Mark Grace will serve his DUI prison sentence in Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s Tent City.
“It’s only fair,” Arpaio said. “You treat everybody the same. Under the same circumstances, people go into the tents. I’ve had other celebrities in the tents, so I think it’s only a fairness issue. I’m sure he’ll understand.”
Arpaio said he will make sure other inmates do not start problems with Grace.
“I feel very comfortable that he won’t have any problems living in the tents.”
Grace was sentenced to four months in jail after pleading guilty Thursday to felony
endangerment and misdemeanor driving under the influence of alcohol.
A Maricopa County Superior Court spokesman said Grace will be allowed out of
jail for work while he serves the sentence beginning Feb. 10.
Court spokesman Vincent Funari says the sentence also includes two years of
The 48-year-old former first baseman with the Diamondbacks and the Chicago Cubs
was fired after he was arrested last August in Scottsdale — his second drunken
driving arrest in 15 months.
Grace had pleaded not guilty in October to four felony counts of aggravated DUI
and was scheduled to go on trial March 19.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon