PHOENIX — Phoenix police have identified a man who is suspected of killing one and injuring five at a Phoenix office complex on Wednesday.
Arthur Douglas Harmon, 70, is believed to have opened fire at the complex at 7310 N. 16th St. about 10:30 a.m.
Police converged on a home near 28th Street and Acoma Drive about two hours after the shooting. Public records show the home is owned by an Arthur Douglas Harmon.
According to court documents, Harmon was scheduled to go to a law office in the
same building where the shooting took place for a settlement conference in a
lawsuit he filed last April against Scottsdale-based Fusion Contact Centers LLC.
The company had hired him to refurbish office cubicles at two call centers in
California, but a contract dispute arose.
An office building was also placed on lockdown after the shooting because one of its attorneys was a victim.
According to Sgt. Tommy Thompson of the Phoenix Police Department, Harmon used a Springfield 1911 .45 caliber pistol, a Ruger .22 caliber pistol and a 1970’s vintage Colt AR15 rifle in the shooting.
Police are searching for Harmon, who is believed to be driving a 2013 white Kia Optima with Arizona license plate AVS 2052.
The motive in the shooting is unclear.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona