PHOENIX — Phoenix police have identified a man who is suspected of killing one and injuring five at a Phoenix office complex on Wednesday.
Arthur Douglas Harmon, 70, is believed to have opened fire at the complex at 7310 N. 16th St. about 10:30 a.m.
Police converged on a home near 28th Street and Acoma Drive about two hours after the shooting. Public records show the home is owned by an Arthur Douglas Harmon.
According to court documents, Harmon was scheduled to go to a law office in the
same building where the shooting took place for a settlement conference in a
lawsuit he filed last April against Scottsdale-based Fusion Contact Centers LLC.
The company had hired him to refurbish office cubicles at two call centers in
California, but a contract dispute arose.
An office building was also placed on lockdown after the shooting because one of its attorneys was a victim.
According to Sgt. Tommy Thompson of the Phoenix Police Department, Harmon used a Springfield 1911 .45 caliber pistol, a Ruger .22 caliber pistol and a 1970’s vintage Colt AR15 rifle in the shooting.
Police are searching for Harmon, who is believed to be driving a 2013 white Kia Optima with Arizona license plate AVS 2052.
The motive in the shooting is unclear.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them