PHOENIX — Phoenix police have identified a man who is suspected of killing one and injuring five at a Phoenix office complex on Wednesday.
Arthur Douglas Harmon, 70, is believed to have opened fire at the complex at 7310 N. 16th St. about 10:30 a.m.
Police converged on a home near 28th Street and Acoma Drive about two hours after the shooting. Public records show the home is owned by an Arthur Douglas Harmon.
According to court documents, Harmon was scheduled to go to a law office in the
same building where the shooting took place for a settlement conference in a
lawsuit he filed last April against Scottsdale-based Fusion Contact Centers LLC.
The company had hired him to refurbish office cubicles at two call centers in
California, but a contract dispute arose.
An office building was also placed on lockdown after the shooting because one of its attorneys was a victim.
According to Sgt. Tommy Thompson of the Phoenix Police Department, Harmon used a Springfield 1911 .45 caliber pistol, a Ruger .22 caliber pistol and a 1970’s vintage Colt AR15 rifle in the shooting.
Police are searching for Harmon, who is believed to be driving a 2013 white Kia Optima with Arizona license plate AVS 2052.
The motive in the shooting is unclear.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas