GLENDALE, Ariz. — The West Valley will soon be home to a new hospital.
Groundbreaking ceremonies were held Wednesday, where Dignity Health unveiled the name of its new facility.
“St. Joseph’s Westgate Medical Center. I kind of like that ring,” said Linda Hunt, Dignity Health Arizona’s President and CEO.
The new hotel will be located near Glendale Avenue and the Loop 101 freeway, a short distance from the Westgate City Center, Jobing.com Arena and University of Phoenix Stadium.
Hunt said the $44 million hospital will bring much needed healthcare to the West Valley.
“It will have 24 inpatient beds, an emergency room and two operating rooms,” she said. “It will offer diagnostic and imaging services, and initially will employ 200 fulltime people.”
The hospital will have the capacity to expand to 200 beds as it grows.
Hunt said that there will be other structures on the 35-acre medical campus.
“We are planning for a medical office building, as well as outpatient imaging and other medical providers to co-locate on this campus with us. This will be a vibrant medical center in the heart of the West Valley.”
The hospital is scheduled to open in March 2014.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon