GLENDALE, Ariz. — The West Valley will soon be home to a new hospital.
Groundbreaking ceremonies were held Wednesday, where Dignity Health unveiled the name of its new facility.
“St. Joseph’s Westgate Medical Center. I kind of like that ring,” said Linda Hunt, Dignity Health Arizona’s President and CEO.
The new hotel will be located near Glendale Avenue and the Loop 101 freeway, a short distance from the Westgate City Center, Jobing.com Arena and University of Phoenix Stadium.
Hunt said the $44 million hospital will bring much needed healthcare to the West Valley.
“It will have 24 inpatient beds, an emergency room and two operating rooms,” she said. “It will offer diagnostic and imaging services, and initially will employ 200 fulltime people.”
The hospital will have the capacity to expand to 200 beds as it grows.
Hunt said that there will be other structures on the 35-acre medical campus.
“We are planning for a medical office building, as well as outpatient imaging and other medical providers to co-locate on this campus with us. This will be a vibrant medical center in the heart of the West Valley.”
The hospital is scheduled to open in March 2014.
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past