GLENDALE, Ariz. — The West Valley will soon be home to a new hospital.
Groundbreaking ceremonies were held Wednesday, where Dignity Health unveiled the name of its new facility.
“St. Joseph’s Westgate Medical Center. I kind of like that ring,” said Linda Hunt, Dignity Health Arizona’s President and CEO.
The new hotel will be located near Glendale Avenue and the Loop 101 freeway, a short distance from the Westgate City Center, Jobing.com Arena and University of Phoenix Stadium.
Hunt said the $44 million hospital will bring much needed healthcare to the West Valley.
“It will have 24 inpatient beds, an emergency room and two operating rooms,” she said. “It will offer diagnostic and imaging services, and initially will employ 200 fulltime people.”
The hospital will have the capacity to expand to 200 beds as it grows.
Hunt said that there will be other structures on the 35-acre medical campus.
“We are planning for a medical office building, as well as outpatient imaging and other medical providers to co-locate on this campus with us. This will be a vibrant medical center in the heart of the West Valley.”
The hospital is scheduled to open in March 2014.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.