Phoenix police were at a Phoenix home that is the residence of Arthur Douglas Harmon, a suspect in a Wednesday office complex shooting.
Detectives have spoken with Harmon’s son and wife, who were in the house at 28th Street and Acoma Drive.
Several SWAT vehicles were surrounding the house and officers had weapons trained on the home.
An ambulance was parked nearby.
Police have been on the scene for several hours.
A neighbor, Tina, walks her dogs past the Harmon house often and her husband has talked with the suspect.
“He kept to himself a lot, works on race cars in his driveway,” said Tina, who is in the Marines. “Or (he is) sitting in a lawn chair drinking beer.”
According to court documents, Harmon was scheduled to go to a law office in the
same building where the shooting took place for a settlement conference in a
lawsuit he filed last April against Scottsdale-based Fusion Contact Centers LLC.
The company had hired him to refurbish office cubicles at two call centers in
California, but a contract dispute arose.
One person was killed and five people were injured in the shooting.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon