PHOENIX — Karen Greenhow heard two loud noises and dismissed them Wednesday. Until someone in the office building started shouting there had been a shooting.
“I thought maybe it was construction, something had fallen, I didn’t relate it to gunshots at the time,” said Greenhow.
Then she and several others blocked themselves inside a tech-equipment room in an office building at 16th Street and Glendale Avenue and waited.
“We didn’t know what to think, we didn’t know what to expect,” she said.
One person was killed and five more were injured. At least two of the shooting victims are in critical condition.
After the danger had passed, Greenhow calmly discussed the tragedy. “I’m shaking like a leaf underneath,” she said.
Greenhow got a glimpse of two victims on the ground. “It was an upsetting sight to see.”
She called her mother in Kingman to let her know she was all right.
“You see it on TV (but) you never think it’s going to happen to you.”
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development