A law office building near Thomas Road and Central Avenue in downtown Phoenix was on lockdown Wednesday for a couple of hours and has since been evacuated.
The building was initially on lockdown because of a potential security breach related to a shooting at a different Phoenix office complex where one person was killed and five more were injured.
“They said that they thought the person that did the shooting might be headed this way because the attorneys are right in the next building,” said Nancy Botello.
Employees were not told circumstances of the lockdown but an email alerted them no one could leave the building.
The building was then evacuated, and employees were escorted to their cars by officers. They were told to be aware of their surroundings and to check their back seats.
Doors in the building had been chained from the inside.
KTAR’s Bob McClay contributed to this report.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them