A law office building near Thomas Road and Central Avenue in downtown Phoenix was on lockdown Wednesday for a couple of hours and has since been evacuated.
The building was initially on lockdown because of a potential security breach related to a shooting at a different Phoenix office complex where one person was killed and five more were injured.
“They said that they thought the person that did the shooting might be headed this way because the attorneys are right in the next building,” said Nancy Botello.
Employees were not told circumstances of the lockdown but an email alerted them no one could leave the building.
The building was then evacuated, and employees were escorted to their cars by officers. They were told to be aware of their surroundings and to check their back seats.
Doors in the building had been chained from the inside.
KTAR’s Bob McClay contributed to this report.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development