A law office building near Thomas Road and Central Avenue in downtown Phoenix was on lockdown Wednesday for a couple of hours and has since been evacuated.
The building was initially on lockdown because of a potential security breach related to a shooting at a different Phoenix office complex where one person was killed and five more were injured.
“They said that they thought the person that did the shooting might be headed this way because the attorneys are right in the next building,” said Nancy Botello.
Employees were not told circumstances of the lockdown but an email alerted them no one could leave the building.
The building was then evacuated, and employees were escorted to their cars by officers. They were told to be aware of their surroundings and to check their back seats.
Doors in the building had been chained from the inside.
KTAR’s Bob McClay contributed to this report.
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl