PHOENIX — Former Tempe Mayor Hugh Hallman left office last year with a goal in mind — the 2014 governor’s race.
Hallman said he knew he was going to run for an office where he could make the most difference on two fronts statewide — the economy and education. He feels both are underperforming.
“Education is an area where we should put more effort and getting better results and it’s not always about money. On the economy, Arizona should be the nations top performing state,” he said.
Hallman, a Republican, served two terms directing Tempe City Hall. He said he felt he could only do so much to affect the East Valley city’s future.
“If I was going to seek the governor’s office, I didn’t think it proper to retain the office of mayor,” he said.
He’s also an attorney and economist and served as headmaster of Tempe Preparatory Academy.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick