GLENDALE, Ariz. – Twelve children will have the opportunity of a lifetime.
They’ve been handpicked to be “ball kids” at the first Mexican National Team soccer game in the U.S. this year at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale.
“It’s very cool,” said 14-year-old Jose Roman.
In preparation for the big event, the children participated in a private soccer clinic conducted by soccer superstar and Hall of Famer, Marcelo Balboa.
“At the end of the day, the message I want them to take home is that we want them to have goals, we want them to have dreams, but an education will always be there,” Balboa said.
The children were selected based on grades and community involvement.
The event was organized by Chicanos Por La Causa and Coca-Cola’s Club Balon Rojo.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them