GLENDALE, Ariz. – Twelve children will have the opportunity of a lifetime.
They’ve been handpicked to be “ball kids” at the first Mexican National Team soccer game in the U.S. this year at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale.
“It’s very cool,” said 14-year-old Jose Roman.
In preparation for the big event, the children participated in a private soccer clinic conducted by soccer superstar and Hall of Famer, Marcelo Balboa.
“At the end of the day, the message I want them to take home is that we want them to have goals, we want them to have dreams, but an education will always be there,” Balboa said.
The children were selected based on grades and community involvement.
The event was organized by Chicanos Por La Causa and Coca-Cola’s Club Balon Rojo.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.