Tempe police busted a large marijuana sales organization on Tuesday.
Police began investigating Top Shelf Hydro College, formerly known as AZ Go Green, in Oct. 2012 after receiving complaints.
“They had a vending machine that had prices listed on it for the different quantities and the different types of marijuana,” said Tempe Police Sgt. Mike Pooley. “The way it would work is you would go in there, you would have your medical marijuana card, typically, and you would purchase the type of marijuana you wanted.”
Pooley also said police located two grow houses, which contained a total of 120 marijuana plants, eight guns, three cars and a lot of cash.
The owner of the business, James Earl Chaney, was arrested. More arrests could follow.
The only legal medical marijuana dispensary in the state is located in Glendale, Ariz.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon