PHOENIX — A Hispanic member of the national media is welcoming the recent talks in Washington about immigration.
ABC Reporter John Quinones has been covering immigration for 30 years. He said the question of how to handle illegal immigrants is complicated.
“Can you really deport 11 or 12 million undocumented workers from the United States? I don’t know that that’s physically possible. What if they have children here? What if those kids were born and raised in the United States?”
Quinones said that recent talks about immigration reform are a good thing for the country.
“It’s complicated, but I’m glad that the president is trying, and that Congress is trying, to come up with some sort of measure that will appease both sides,” he said.
Quinones is the host of the ABC show “What Would you Do?” that will be in the Valley next week. He will be the keynote speaker of the Positive Action Through Civic Engagement Conference that is scheduled for Feb. 7 in Peoria.
The conference will be a panel discussion on how to engage with people in meaningful conversations, and to debate issues in a positive way.
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl