PHOENIX — A Hispanic member of the national media is welcoming the recent talks in Washington about immigration.
ABC Reporter John Quinones has been covering immigration for 30 years. He said the question of how to handle illegal immigrants is complicated.
“Can you really deport 11 or 12 million undocumented workers from the United States? I don’t know that that’s physically possible. What if they have children here? What if those kids were born and raised in the United States?”
Quinones said that recent talks about immigration reform are a good thing for the country.
“It’s complicated, but I’m glad that the president is trying, and that Congress is trying, to come up with some sort of measure that will appease both sides,” he said.
Quinones is the host of the ABC show “What Would you Do?” that will be in the Valley next week. He will be the keynote speaker of the Positive Action Through Civic Engagement Conference that is scheduled for Feb. 7 in Peoria.
The conference will be a panel discussion on how to engage with people in meaningful conversations, and to debate issues in a positive way.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon