PHOENIX — A Hispanic member of the national media is welcoming the recent talks in Washington about immigration.
ABC Reporter John Quinones has been covering immigration for 30 years. He said the question of how to handle illegal immigrants is complicated.
“Can you really deport 11 or 12 million undocumented workers from the United States? I don’t know that that’s physically possible. What if they have children here? What if those kids were born and raised in the United States?”
Quinones said that recent talks about immigration reform are a good thing for the country.
“It’s complicated, but I’m glad that the president is trying, and that Congress is trying, to come up with some sort of measure that will appease both sides,” he said.
Quinones is the host of the ABC show “What Would you Do?” that will be in the Valley next week. He will be the keynote speaker of the Positive Action Through Civic Engagement Conference that is scheduled for Feb. 7 in Peoria.
The conference will be a panel discussion on how to engage with people in meaningful conversations, and to debate issues in a positive way.
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Caring Crisis: Rising tide In Alzheimer’s disease leads to shortage of caregivers
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain