The Phoenix Coyotes currently sit last in National Hockey League attendance for the second straight year.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, the Coyotes have averaged slightly over 12,250 fans through their first four home games following the end of the NHL lockout. The Coyotes hosted 8,500 fans at Monday night’s win vs. the Nashville Predators.
Despite the team’s postseason appearances in the past three seasons, the Coyotes ranked last in NHL attendance after averaging 12,420 fans the previous season and second-to-last the season before that with 12,200 fans per game.
The Coyotes first two home games attracted larger crowds with approximately 14,800 fans against the Los Angeles Kings and 17,400 fans vs. the Chicago Blackhawks.
This will be an unavoidable factor if Greg Jamison and his investment group surpass the Jan. 31 deadline to purchase the team from the NHL and retain it in the Phoenix area. Glendale Mayor Jerry Weiers said no postponement will be granted for the proposed 20-year deal to pay Jamison to manage the locally-owned Jobing.com Arena.
“We are not there yet,” he said. “If he doesn’t put the deal together, we won’t go down that road again with him. Obviously, if we can keep the Coyotes here under different circumstances and without that same deal it is certainly something I would like to push forward with.”
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas