The Phoenix Coyotes currently sit last in National Hockey League attendance for the second straight year.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, the Coyotes have averaged slightly over 12,250 fans through their first four home games following the end of the NHL lockout. The Coyotes hosted 8,500 fans at Monday night’s win vs. the Nashville Predators.
Despite the team’s postseason appearances in the past three seasons, the Coyotes ranked last in NHL attendance after averaging 12,420 fans the previous season and second-to-last the season before that with 12,200 fans per game.
The Coyotes first two home games attracted larger crowds with approximately 14,800 fans against the Los Angeles Kings and 17,400 fans vs. the Chicago Blackhawks.
This will be an unavoidable factor if Greg Jamison and his investment group surpass the Jan. 31 deadline to purchase the team from the NHL and retain it in the Phoenix area. Glendale Mayor Jerry Weiers said no postponement will be granted for the proposed 20-year deal to pay Jamison to manage the locally-owned Jobing.com Arena.
“We are not there yet,” he said. “If he doesn’t put the deal together, we won’t go down that road again with him. Obviously, if we can keep the Coyotes here under different circumstances and without that same deal it is certainly something I would like to push forward with.”
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development