The Phoenix Suns have increased the ticket prices to Wednesday night’s matchup against the Los Angeles Lakers.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, the Suns utilize a “dynamic pricing” system. This means the organization can boost single-game ticket prices based on the level of demand per game. The other well-known system is referred to as “flexible pricing,” which allows the franchise to raise home-game ticket prices vs. popular opponents.
Given the Suns’ disappointing 15-30 record, tickets to US Airways Center normally range from $10 upper deck seats to $50 lower level seats. However, tickets to the Lakers-Suns game has shown significantly higher demand, which has resulted in higher prices. The Suns are charging between $75 for upper level seats to $342 for lower deck sections.
This first home game against the Lakers marks the return of two former Suns: Steve Nash, who was two-time National Basketball Association MVP with the Suns, and current Lakers coach Mike D’Antoni, who was a former coach with the Suns.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains