Putting a Super Bowl ad on YouTube before the big game may lead to more views.
According to Mashable, advertisers are opting to run their Super Bowl ads online before the game.
Ads that appeared on YouTube before the Super Bowl last year averaged nine million views, while those that waited to air game day got only 1.3 million.
One prime example is Doritos’ “Sling Baby” ad that was the most viewed in 2012. It was available before the Super Bowl as opposed to the second-most viewed M&M’s “Sexy and I Know It” video which was not available online beforehand.
Advertisers could also benefit from releasing their ads early on YouTube in an effort to reach larger masses. The 2012 Super Bowl ads have been seen over 300 million times online. In contrast, the television ratings for last year’s game brought in 111 million viewers.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy