Putting a Super Bowl ad on YouTube before the big game may lead to more views.
According to Mashable, advertisers are opting to run their Super Bowl ads online before the game.
Ads that appeared on YouTube before the Super Bowl last year averaged nine million views, while those that waited to air game day got only 1.3 million.
One prime example is Doritos’ “Sling Baby” ad that was the most viewed in 2012. It was available before the Super Bowl as opposed to the second-most viewed M&M’s “Sexy and I Know It” video which was not available online beforehand.
Advertisers could also benefit from releasing their ads early on YouTube in an effort to reach larger masses. The 2012 Super Bowl ads have been seen over 300 million times online. In contrast, the television ratings for last year’s game brought in 111 million viewers.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development