Putting a Super Bowl ad on YouTube before the big game may lead to more views.
According to Mashable, advertisers are opting to run their Super Bowl ads online before the game.
Ads that appeared on YouTube before the Super Bowl last year averaged nine million views, while those that waited to air game day got only 1.3 million.
One prime example is Doritos’ “Sling Baby” ad that was the most viewed in 2012. It was available before the Super Bowl as opposed to the second-most viewed M&M’s “Sexy and I Know It” video which was not available online beforehand.
Advertisers could also benefit from releasing their ads early on YouTube in an effort to reach larger masses. The 2012 Super Bowl ads have been seen over 300 million times online. In contrast, the television ratings for last year’s game brought in 111 million viewers.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns