PHOENIX – According to the Arizona Department of Transportation, the following travel advisories have been issued for the weekend of Oct. 12:
• Southbound Interstate 17 will be closed between Camelback and Thomas roads from 11:30 p.m. Friday to 11 p.m. Saturday for pavement-repair work.
• Westbound Loop 202 will be closed between McDowell and Gilbert roads in Mesa from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday for widening project work, including a traffic switch.
• Southbound Loop 101 will be closed overnight at Via De Ventura in Scottsdale area from 11:30 p.m. Saturday to 7 a.m. Sunday for a freeway-widening project.
• Northbound Interstate 17 off- and on-ramps at Adams Street and southbound I-17 off-ramp at Jefferson Street west of downtown Phoenix will be closed from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday for improvement project.
– I-17 frontage roads will also be closed in both directions between Van Buren and Grant streets. Westbound Adams Street will be closed between 19th Avenue and I-17. Eastbound Jefferson Street will be closed between 27th Avenue and I-17.
- Glendale Glitters to light up West Valley suburb for the holiday season
- Gilbert woman launches eco-friendly gift wrapping company
- 5 rescued after spending night in Phoenix-area desert due to stuck car
- American Express to add to Phoenix campus, relocate 3,000 jobs there
- Here are some tips for those traveling out of Arizona this Thanksgiving