PHOENIX — The City of Phoenix is warning drivers to take to the road with care, as the rainy weather has taken a toll on city streets.
“The rain definitely deteriorates the road,” said Jack Noble, Street Maintenance Superintendent for the City of Phoenix. “You have a little hole, the rain gets in, a tire hits it, the pothole will continue to open up, fray out and get bigger and bigger.”
Currently, 100 percent of his workforce is working to patch up the road. On an average day, there are about four workers dealing with potholes.
Noble encourages drivers to avoid the outside lanes, since water tends to accumulate there and the chances of actually hitting a pothole are increased. He also urges you to never drive in water.
“If you hit one, you could get a flat tire or cause serious damage to your car.”
The City of Phoenix has a Maintenance Dispatch Line where drivers can report potholes, trees, branches, flooded streets or other road hazards at (602) 262-6441.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them