PHOENIX — The City of Phoenix is warning drivers to take to the road with care, as the rainy weather has taken a toll on city streets.
“The rain definitely deteriorates the road,” said Jack Noble, Street Maintenance Superintendent for the City of Phoenix. “You have a little hole, the rain gets in, a tire hits it, the pothole will continue to open up, fray out and get bigger and bigger.”
Currently, 100 percent of his workforce is working to patch up the road. On an average day, there are about four workers dealing with potholes.
Noble encourages drivers to avoid the outside lanes, since water tends to accumulate there and the chances of actually hitting a pothole are increased. He also urges you to never drive in water.
“If you hit one, you could get a flat tire or cause serious damage to your car.”
The City of Phoenix has a Maintenance Dispatch Line where drivers can report potholes, trees, branches, flooded streets or other road hazards at (602) 262-6441.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development