On Tuesday morning, defense attorneys will begin presenting their evidence in a high-profile murder trial.
On the witness list is the defendant, Jodi Arias.
Through police interrogation videos, jurors repeatedly heard Arias deny being at the home of her ex-boyfriend, Travis Alexander, when he was killed in Mesa in 2008. Jurors also heard Arias blame masked intruders for Alexander’s murder during a jailhouse interview with Inside Edition that prosecutors played in court.
Now, Arias’ attorneys hope to convince jurors this time she’s telling the truth: that she killed Alexander in self-defense.
During opening statements, her attorney said Arias had no choice but to attack Alexander after he became enraged because she dropped his camera. The defense also claims Alexander manipulated and controlled Arias.
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona