On Tuesday morning, defense attorneys will begin presenting their evidence in a high-profile murder trial.
On the witness list is the defendant, Jodi Arias.
Through police interrogation videos, jurors repeatedly heard Arias deny being at the home of her ex-boyfriend, Travis Alexander, when he was killed in Mesa in 2008. Jurors also heard Arias blame masked intruders for Alexander’s murder during a jailhouse interview with Inside Edition that prosecutors played in court.
Now, Arias’ attorneys hope to convince jurors this time she’s telling the truth: that she killed Alexander in self-defense.
During opening statements, her attorney said Arias had no choice but to attack Alexander after he became enraged because she dropped his camera. The defense also claims Alexander manipulated and controlled Arias.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon