The clock is ticking on the potential deal between the City of Glendale and prospective Phoenix Coyotes owner Greg Jamison.
Less than 72 hours before the deadline for Jamison to buy the team from the National Hockey League, Glendale Mayor Jerry Weiers said there will be no extension for the proposed 20-year deal that would pay Jamison to manage the city-owned Jobing.com Arena.
Weiers wouldn’t speculate on where the matter stands but said the city gave Jamison until Thursday and not “one second longer.”
“We are not there yet,” he said. “If he doesn’t put the deal together, we won’t go down that road again with him. Obviously, if we can keep the Coyotes here under different circumstances and without that same deal it is certainly something I would like to push forward with.”
However, Arizona Sports 620’s Paul Calvisi said the Coyotes deal is expected to be completed by Wednesday.
Update on #Coyotes sale to Greg Jamison:Multiple sources say “deal should be done by tomorrow” …a day ahead of the deadline.
— Paul Calvisi (@PaulCalvisi) January 29, 2013
The deal guarantees Jamison about $300 million over the next 20 years, should the purchase of the team be completed.
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Caring Crisis: Rising tide In Alzheimer’s disease leads to shortage of caregivers
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain