The clock is ticking on the potential deal between the City of Glendale and prospective Phoenix Coyotes owner Greg Jamison.
Less than 72 hours before the deadline for Jamison to buy the team from the National Hockey League, Glendale Mayor Jerry Weiers said there will be no extension for the proposed 20-year deal that would pay Jamison to manage the city-owned Jobing.com Arena.
Weiers wouldn’t speculate on where the matter stands but said the city gave Jamison until Thursday and not “one second longer.”
“We are not there yet,” he said. “If he doesn’t put the deal together, we won’t go down that road again with him. Obviously, if we can keep the Coyotes here under different circumstances and without that same deal it is certainly something I would like to push forward with.”
However, Arizona Sports 620’s Paul Calvisi said the Coyotes deal is expected to be completed by Wednesday.
Update on #Coyotes sale to Greg Jamison:Multiple sources say “deal should be done by tomorrow” …a day ahead of the deadline.
— Paul Calvisi (@PaulCalvisi) January 29, 2013
The deal guarantees Jamison about $300 million over the next 20 years, should the purchase of the team be completed.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas