The clock is ticking on the potential deal between the City of Glendale and prospective Phoenix Coyotes owner Greg Jamison.
Less than 72 hours before the deadline for Jamison to buy the team from the National Hockey League, Glendale Mayor Jerry Weiers said there will be no extension for the proposed 20-year deal that would pay Jamison to manage the city-owned Jobing.com Arena.
Weiers wouldn’t speculate on where the matter stands but said the city gave Jamison until Thursday and not “one second longer.”
“We are not there yet,” he said. “If he doesn’t put the deal together, we won’t go down that road again with him. Obviously, if we can keep the Coyotes here under different circumstances and without that same deal it is certainly something I would like to push forward with.”
However, Arizona Sports 620’s Paul Calvisi said the Coyotes deal is expected to be completed by Wednesday.
Update on #Coyotes sale to Greg Jamison:Multiple sources say “deal should be done by tomorrow” …a day ahead of the deadline.
— Paul Calvisi (@PaulCalvisi) January 29, 2013
The deal guarantees Jamison about $300 million over the next 20 years, should the purchase of the team be completed.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon