The weekend storm in the Valley has left greens at the TPC of Scottsdale a soggy mess.
Monday morning about 75 grounds crew members were outside in the rain, working hard to get the course ready for the Waste Management Phoenix Open.
“The good thing is that the greens do drain well,” said Jeff Plotts, director of golf course maintenance. “Basically we’ve just got to kind of roll with the punches a little bit and control what we can control.”
When tournament play rolls around Thursday, Plotts expects the greens to be a bit softer than normal.
“I think they’re going to be really good scoring greens,” Plotts said. “The golf course is going to play a little longer, but it is going to be a shot maker’s course this week.”
By the weekend, the greens should start to dry out, making for good golfing conditions in the final rounds of the tournament.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development