The weekend storm in the Valley has left greens at the TPC of Scottsdale a soggy mess.
Monday morning about 75 grounds crew members were outside in the rain, working hard to get the course ready for the Waste Management Phoenix Open.
“The good thing is that the greens do drain well,” said Jeff Plotts, director of golf course maintenance. “Basically we’ve just got to kind of roll with the punches a little bit and control what we can control.”
When tournament play rolls around Thursday, Plotts expects the greens to be a bit softer than normal.
“I think they’re going to be really good scoring greens,” Plotts said. “The golf course is going to play a little longer, but it is going to be a shot maker’s course this week.”
By the weekend, the greens should start to dry out, making for good golfing conditions in the final rounds of the tournament.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas