Military Families Support Group will mark its 10-year anniversary this week.
“We have met weekly for 10 years without missing a single week,” said Viana Bruce, group founder and president.
The group’s goal is to help families of service members in harm’s way and to celebrate all who have served honorably. The group meets at least once a week, where members can share, vent, find support and ask questions.
The group also sends about 400 care packages a month to troops. This month’s “packing party” is Wednesday at Sweet Tomatoes, 10046 N. 26th Drive in Phoenix, at 5 p.m.
The care packages need: canned soup, beef jerky, energy bars, baby wipes, personal hygiene products, batteries, socks, pillowcases, and plastic storage bags.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas