Military Families Support Group will mark its 10-year anniversary this week.
“We have met weekly for 10 years without missing a single week,” said Viana Bruce, group founder and president.
The group’s goal is to help families of service members in harm’s way and to celebrate all who have served honorably. The group meets at least once a week, where members can share, vent, find support and ask questions.
The group also sends about 400 care packages a month to troops. This month’s “packing party” is Wednesday at Sweet Tomatoes, 10046 N. 26th Drive in Phoenix, at 5 p.m.
The care packages need: canned soup, beef jerky, energy bars, baby wipes, personal hygiene products, batteries, socks, pillowcases, and plastic storage bags.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night