A Phoenix couple was arrested Jan. 20 after two toddlers were found in their apartment surrounded by garbage, fecal matter and drugs.
Phoenix Police Office James Holmes said neighbors of the apartment near 48th St. and Baseline called police complaining of a strong smell and were concerned about children seen in the apartment.
“Not only were the 3- and 4-year old children in dirty diapers, but the house was a complete mess: food that had mold growing on it, there was feces everywhere in the apartment, on the walls, on the floors.”
Holmes said the apartment was missing carpet and all the toilets and sinks were clogged.
“It was just absolutely disgusting to the point that it actually made the officers sick,” he said.
Marijuana was found in the apartment, along with drug paraphernalia.
The mother of the toddlers, Kona Erbe, was arrested on child abuse charges and her boyfriend, Randal Bresaw, was arrested on child abuse and drug charges.
The toddlers are in the care of Child Protective Services.
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match