A Phoenix couple was arrested Jan. 20 after two toddlers were found in their apartment surrounded by garbage, fecal matter and drugs.
Phoenix Police Office James Holmes said neighbors of the apartment near 48th St. and Baseline called police complaining of a strong smell and were concerned about children seen in the apartment.
“Not only were the 3- and 4-year old children in dirty diapers, but the house was a complete mess: food that had mold growing on it, there was feces everywhere in the apartment, on the walls, on the floors.”
Holmes said the apartment was missing carpet and all the toilets and sinks were clogged.
“It was just absolutely disgusting to the point that it actually made the officers sick,” he said.
Marijuana was found in the apartment, along with drug paraphernalia.
The mother of the toddlers, Kona Erbe, was arrested on child abuse charges and her boyfriend, Randal Bresaw, was arrested on child abuse and drug charges.
The toddlers are in the care of Child Protective Services.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon