A Phoenix couple was arrested Jan. 20 after two toddlers were found in their apartment surrounded by garbage, fecal matter and drugs.
Phoenix Police Office James Holmes said neighbors of the apartment near 48th St. and Baseline called police complaining of a strong smell and were concerned about children seen in the apartment.
“Not only were the 3- and 4-year old children in dirty diapers, but the house was a complete mess: food that had mold growing on it, there was feces everywhere in the apartment, on the walls, on the floors.”
Holmes said the apartment was missing carpet and all the toilets and sinks were clogged.
“It was just absolutely disgusting to the point that it actually made the officers sick,” he said.
Marijuana was found in the apartment, along with drug paraphernalia.
The mother of the toddlers, Kona Erbe, was arrested on child abuse charges and her boyfriend, Randal Bresaw, was arrested on child abuse and drug charges.
The toddlers are in the care of Child Protective Services.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains