Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton will be taking a unique view of his city in the coming months.
Stanton plans to take a bus to tour Phoenix neighborhoods for a personal look at what each community needs and what they’ve done to improve.
On Wednesday, Stanton plans to learn more about South Phoenix along with his Neighborhood Advisory Committee.
“I know South Phoenix well, but I don’t know every nook and cranny. The idea is to listen to the neighborhood leaders, the people who are most affected by what’s going on when it comes to the public safety situation, housing and transportation.”
Stanton said he also hopes people can tell him ways to be a better mayor.
The bus tour has already visited Phoenix’s Canyon Corridor to learn about the large number of immigrants and refugees that live there.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon