Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton will be taking a unique view of his city in the coming months.
Stanton plans to take a bus to tour Phoenix neighborhoods for a personal look at what each community needs and what they’ve done to improve.
On Wednesday, Stanton plans to learn more about South Phoenix along with his Neighborhood Advisory Committee.
“I know South Phoenix well, but I don’t know every nook and cranny. The idea is to listen to the neighborhood leaders, the people who are most affected by what’s going on when it comes to the public safety situation, housing and transportation.”
Stanton said he also hopes people can tell him ways to be a better mayor.
The bus tour has already visited Phoenix’s Canyon Corridor to learn about the large number of immigrants and refugees that live there.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments