“Orange” you glad there’s a surplus citrus drop-off?
For a 12th year, backyard farmers with a surplus of citrus won’t have to drop off their excess on their neighbor’s doorstep in the middle of the night. The Arcadia Citrus Program will take all bagged, crated and boxed citrus every Saturday at the Scottsdale Elks Lodge, located at 6398 E. Oak Street in Scottsdale.
All the citrus goes to charity.
“We’ll take it all, even the ornamental oranges, which normally aren’t consumable,” said program founder Barry Paceley. “It will mulch. We don’t throw anything out, even if its damaged, we give it to our landscaping friends where it can be recycled”.
Volunteers will help unload donations for sorting and distribution.
In the program’s history, people have donated more than 2.5 million pounds of fruit. Drop-off times are from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Saturdays through March 23.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets