The latest rankings from U.S. News & World Report place the University of Arizona and Arizona State University among the top 150 best global universities.
In a ranking of 750 higher-education institutions across nearly 60 different countries, the University of Arizona (the only Arizona school featured in the top 100) ranked 67th, three spots lower than where they were featured a year ago. The UA gained the most lofty recognition by the rankings due to it’s prestigious space science program, which ranked sixth overall according to the report.
The UA also cracked the top 100 for its programs in geosciences (29), plant and animal sciences (32), arts and humanities (42), environment and ecology (42), social sciences and public health (65), psychiatry/psychology (70), economics and business (84), agricultural sciences (88) and neuroscience and behavior (100).
Checking in tied for 148th globally according to the rankings, Arizona State University ranked in the top 100 for their programs in economics and business (26), social sciences and public health (43), environment/ecology (46), arts and humanities (57), geosciences (68), computer science (72) and psychiatry/psychology.
- Arizona on rise, ranked as 20th-best state for business by CNBC
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital earns place on best US medical centers list
- Arizona State University gets funding for cancer research center
- Phoenix-area cities among best in US for buying investment properties
- Family launches fundraiser to bring home UA student paralyzed in Spain