The Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office announced Wednesday that deputies have arrested a female nurse who works for Correction Health Services on suspicion that she may have had a romantic relationship with a maximum security inmate while working in the 4th Avenue Jail.
Numerous documented phone calls between 37-year-old Lytonya Hickbottom and an unidentified inmate reveal a relationship between Hickbottom and the inmate, while several naked photographs of Hickbottom were also discovered during a Sept. 29 search of the inmate’s jail cell.
When confronted by detectives from the Sheriff’s Professional Standards Bureau, Hickbottom admitted that she gave photos of herself to a different inmate to pass along to the inmate for whom she is believed to be romantically involved with. Hickbottom was also found to have posted $100 to the inmate boyfriend’s account, according the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office.
Hickbottom is being detained for promoting prison contraband and is currently awaiting an Internal Affairs court proceeding.
- Valley law enforcement K9s undergo explosive detection training
- Phoenix jury sides with Joe Arpaio in malicious-prosecution case
- Officials searching for missing 52-year-old Queen Creek woman
- Joe Arpaio may be setting sights on Jeff Flake’s US Senate seat
- Sen. Jeff Flake’s son, Joe Arpaio kick off malicious-prosecution trial