SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. – A few weeks into his second term, Scottsdale’s mayor thinks things are looking bright for his city.
Jim Lane thinks Scottsdale has a good future.
“We’re going to grow,” Lane said. “We’re going to grow gracefully, and we’re going to do it with real consideration for our legacy and our history.”
Lane is especially proud of one thing that’s been accomplished.
“We really had just fixed an old contract that happened to be an old subsidy agreement from years ago before I was mayor,” Lane said. “We were able to save some $30 million over the next 15 years.”
Lane said things are “toning down” in Old Town Scottsdale. He said there are fewer complaints of noise and trash from around nightclubs in the area.
The mayor wants Scottsdale to continue to spend money to attract visitors.
“It’s important that we properly and efficiently use the kinds of funds that we have made available through the bed tax allocation for capital infrastructure for tourism,” Lane said.
And he wants to continue to make improvements to one facility.
“We’re in the process in Westworld of making some major changes and enhancements,” Lane said. The city last year approved a $40 million dollar expansion of Westworld’s Tony Nelssen Equestrian Center to replace a 120-thousand square foot tent on the property. Westworld is home to the Barrett-Jackson Auto Auction.
Lane will give his state of the city address on February 21st at the W hotel in Scottsdale.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them